Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The return of a legend, or is it?


"Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless in a world of criminals who operate above the law."

It's still fresh in my memory like last night's garlic is still fresh in my breath.The talking car, the cool explosions, the kak acting!

Watching Knight Rider on the telle back in the day was (for lack of a better word) fan-fuckin-tastic.



The Weinstein Company has struck a deal with creator Glen A. Larson for the feature film rights to his classic 1980s TV series, Knight Rider.

No word yet on what role if any series star
David Hasselhoff will have in the movie version but he has previously hinted that he might be involved.


In a statement released this morning Harvey Weinstein stated, "I am a huge fan of the original series and could not be happier that we've joined forces with Glen Larson to bring these iconic characters to the big screen."

With that said. I ask the question: "Is there any other man capable of filling the colossal position of Michael Knight?".

Let's face it. The Hoff might be one of the most ripped-off people of our modern society, but in the 80's the man was a god. Men wanted to be like him. Woman wanted hair like him...I mean a natural perm like that couldn't be matched by any amount of teasing and hairspray in the world.

The guy was perfect to every 80's standard, and he knew it! Its hard to imagine KITT rolling with a guy who has, dare I say it? "Straight hair". It just won't be the same. And what type of car will they use for KITT, I wonder? I bet the big car manufacturers like BMW and AUDI are already laying down the pen and paper to secure their part in the movie.

I think ol' Harvey boy has got a bigger task starring him in the eyes than what he bargained for. Though I can tell you one thing. Just as long as Tom Cruise is not playing the role of Michael Knight (or KITT for that matter), I don't really give a horses ass.

Here's some Knight rider quotes to keep you reminiscing about the good old days thanx to
retrojunk.
btw. Is it just me, or is there a lot of sexual innuendo in these quotes.?


It appears to be a large... My goodness, large isn't the word, it's enormous! "
- KITT

"There's no reason for increased volume. I 'm scanning your interrogatives quite satisfactorily.
I am the voice of Knight Industry 2000's Micro processor, K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer. "- KITT

"It looks like Darth Vader's bathroom! "
- Michael Knight

"Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world. The world... of the Knight Rider."
- Narrator

"And to our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where."
- Michael Knight

"With all due respect, you are not possibly thinking of... Oh my word, you are! "
- K.I.T.T.

"You are about as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
- Michael Knight

"Gimme all ya got Kit!"
- Michael Knight

"Michael are you sure you want to do that"
- K.I.T.T

"being one of a kind is a very familiar feeling"
- K.I.T.T

"don't touch turbo boost something tells me you shouldn't turbo boost"
- K.I.T.T


story source


1 comment:

GeO said...

They should use the doos mobile as KITT