Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Phatsnatch Office lingo 101

I'm back again (I know it's been a while) to educate the masses...again...

This time around we here at the Phat are aiming to give the average office worker some office "street cred" - if you know what I'm saying knee-grow?

No longer will you be the laughing stock at the water cooler. No longer will you hear undertones of giggles when walking to your lunchbox sized cubicle. You my friend will get the r.e.s.p.e.c.t.e.c.t that you deserve!

Today's Office lingo word is "Coworked"

Repeat after me "Co - Worked" and again "Co - worked". Good.
The meaning of "coworked" is as follows:

When you are doing something at work that is not work-related that requires your full attention, such as playing a video game, and a co-worker suddenly pops in forcing you to make it look as if you are busy and hide your game (such as with alt-tab). After the co-worker leaves, you typically return to your video game to find your character dead.

Joe: Hey man what are you doing? Are you gonna help us capture the flag?

Bob: Sorry I got coworked! Had to alt-tab!

In my case it was the office vegetarian that used to creep up on me to see if I'm actually doing anything productive...Hey! Gaming is productive!...Damn vegetarian asshole...But I guess they're everywhere aren't they...

So till next time kids: Keep it Phat, keep it real and keep it in your pants!

regards
Prof. Phat Boi (PhD - Player Hater Degree)



Office lingo word with compliments of urban dictionary


No comments: