Friday, July 28, 2006

Gay gay, it's Friday!


Ok, so in conjunction with my last post, I've decided to take a look at what's on at the movies this weekend and give a short review on what's showing.

Also, in conjuction with my last post, GeO is still a mommy's boy and a homo..

Lance Bass from 'Nsync comes out of the closet.

Geez.
Didn't see that one coming. Big surprise.

....

Anyways...

Ok, so I've waited about 10mins for Ster Kinekor's site to open. You know, ever since they've redone it, it's been a bit shit. Very sluggish. And this is on broadband. If you're a poor struggling musician like myself, chances are that you still use a dial up connection at home. Not your own home, your mom's. Because you still live there.

It is now 14:15. I'm going to look up Ster Kinekor's website in both IE and Firefox and see how long it takes for the page to open completely.

In the meantime, I'll use Nu Metro. Under protest, because their brand colours are kinda gay. Like that guy ^^. And GeO.

Hmm, Nu Metro opens immediately.
Anyways, for sake of comparison (if Ster Kinekor's site opens before Doomsday) I'm going to use Bedford for a venue.

(* please note that I have not seen all of these movies, but I will give my opinion anyway based on the actors and storyline)

16 Blocks
Stars Bruce Willis, David Morse and Mos Def. I've seen it and I enjoyed it. I guess it has been done many a time before, washed up cop trying to do a last good deed, but formula does work sometime. I enjoyed Mos Def's character, although I couldn't quite make out what he was saying a few times. And I wasn't hungover. No, really.

Cars
Well, has to be better than Finding Nemo?

Over The Hedge
Well, has to be better than Finding Nemo?

Poseidon
Was boring originally, will probably be boring again.

Superman Returns
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
Probably the best movie you'll see this year. It even has the original intro font and music. Go watch it, or punch yourself. There are no other options.

Take The Lead
"The real story of a dance teacher who believed in the talent of a group of problem kids."
You're shitting me, right?
Sounds like a ponced up version of Dangerous Minds.
Oh and starring Antonio Banderas. I believe his best role to date is still that of Puss in Boots in Shrek 2.

The Break Up
"After Brooke (Aniston) calls it quits with her boyfriend Gary (Vaughn), neither person is willing to move out of the condo they share. Taking the advice of their repsective friends and confidants (and a few total strangers), they both engage in mental warfare designed to force the other person to flee the premises -- until they both realize they might be fighting to keep their relationship alive."
Now, I'm no expert on relationships, but isn't the first thing you want to do after breaking up with someone is to get the hell away from them?

**** Oh, it's now 14:29 and the SK website has timed out in Firefox. Go IE!

A house can't possibly be that cool. I'm going to say it's shit on the premise of the cast too.

The Lake House
I like Sandra Bullock and I like Keanu Reeves too. And I have forgiven him for the bare ass shot in the Matrix 2: Trainwreck. Not to be mistaken with the Matrix 3: Jump Up My Ass. I'll wait for it on DVD.

The Sentinel
This actually looks like it could be entertaining. Ye olde spy story.
Starring Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria Kim Basinger and Kiefer Sutherland.
I like Kiefer. Not because he kinda looks like Ross from Prime Circle, but I really enjoyed his character in 24.

**** 14:36 and still no loaded Ster Kinekor website.

I will be spending some time over the weekend fixing PhatBoi's fucku.. oopsie that he had with the blog. Hopefully I'll have it sorted before Monday.
If it's not, just assume that I probably drank way too much and ended up passed out in my socks and a Led Zeppelin tshirt in the middle of my kitchen.

My mom's kitchen.

1 comment:

GeO said...

I hate you.....so much...so so much...